Essence Magazine. WE Television Network. Anne Barge. The Celebration Society. You only get to work for clients of that caliber when you've proven that you're a top makeup artist, which is why those are just a few of the names that comprise Scoobie West's client roster. While Scoobie currently enjoys being one of the Southeast's premiere makeup artists, his success isn't a result of happenstance, but destiny and dedication.
Scoobie first showcased his ability to create beautiful looks in college by doing the makeup for models in a campus fashion show. Though the looks he created were a hit on the runway, it wasn't until several years later when he applied a friend's makeup for her wedding that he realized that he had a remarkable eye for makeup artistry. She raved about his work on TheKnot.com, and with the pictures to prove his uncanny ability, brides started calling in droves. Scoobie continued to work with brides as opportunities arose and eventually decided he wanted to pursue a full-time career in beauty. To hone his skills, he began working for major cosmetic industry names, including MAC, Laura Mercier, NARS Cosmetics and Borghese Cosmetics.
In 2002, Scoobie thought it was time to try his hand at being an independent makeup artist. Initially he focused on what he knew best--working with brides, but in 2005, requests began pouring in for him to work on fashion shows, special events, commercial photo shoots and music videos. Notable clients include:
- Anne Barge, Spring Bridal Show (2006)
- Badgley Mischka, Spring Bridal Show (2006)
- Anne Barge, Spring Bridal Show (2007)
- Badgley Mischka, Spring Bridal Show (2007)
- International Prom Association, Advertising Campaign (2007-Present)
- Essence Magazine, On His Mind (2008)
- WE Television Network, Amazing Wedding Gowns (2009)
- Lisa Wu Hartwell, Closet Freak Fashion Show (2009)
- Southern Weddings Magazine, November Cover (2009)
- Urban Lux Magazine, December Cover (2009)
- Urban Lux Magazine, April Cover (2010)
- Essence Magazine, Dark & Lovely Model Search (2010)
- Ritz Carlton, Reynolds Plantation, Editorial (2010)
According to his clients, it is Scoobie's seamless execution, attention to detail and professionalism that have made him a "name to know" in the beauty and event planning industries.
Scoobie West & Company (SWC) provides on-site professional makeup services fashion shows, photo shoots, commercial shoots, music videos, movies, special events and more. Although SWC is based in Atlanta, Scoobie and his team service individual and business clients throughout the world.